Consistently Exceeding Stringent Industry Standards
Kent Storage works to exceed stringent industry standards by implementing a ‘measure to manage’ philosophy across everything we do, from customer service through to operations and management.
In fact, in 1999, we became the first Australian company to achieve the world’s highest quality assurance standard within the international moving industry, Ernst & Young’s FAIM/ISO. Policies, procedures and instructions govern all aspects of our business:
- To define objectives, structure, responsibilities and authorities
- Document activities for confirmation and record-keeping purposes
- Ensure that employees and subcontractors know how to comply always
- Deliver an offering that exceeds best practice and customer requirements.
In 1999, Kent was the first company in Australia to achieve the now coveted Ernst & Young FAIM/ISO (FIDI Accredited International Mover/ISO) which represents:
- The world’s highest quality assurance standard for international moving
- Developed in conjunction with and audited by Ernst & Young Consulting
- The ultimate sign of a moving company’s approach to quality processes.
Customer satisfaction is our number one goal. As such, assured levels of quality benchmarks back all of Kent’s moving and secure storage services. The Kent Quality Assurance System is based on the requirements of international standard ISO 9001:2008.
Every Kent employee is charged with providing attentive, caring, reliable, quality service, from the first phone call until your treasures are taken out of storage. The Kent continuous improvement philosophy is underpinned by the ideal that quality is an ongoing process. We are committed to resolving all issues promptly, and regularly review and improve all of our service processes.
Reaching our continuous improvement goals takes strong, responsive management and a united commitment from all employees.
At all levels of our operation we plan and conduct activities with a view to protecting and conserving the natural environment and employee health. By complying with legal and other requirements, our environmental management system meets or surpasses national and community expectations.
Our environmental goals include establishing, and regularly reviewing, measurable objectives and targets, in accordance with our annual Environmental Management Plan. We aim for continual environmental improvement, the prevention of pollution and compliance with all legal and relevant requirements.
Kent provides a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage. Enforced, and reviewed regularly, our safety policies include:
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe and secure condition
- Active involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures
- Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks
- Provision of resources to meet our health and safety commitment.
Our absolute commitment to quality and customer satisfaction in everything we do also includes:
- Aligning our values with those of our customers
- Provision of attentive, caring, friendly and reliable employees
- A KPI-driven Appraisal Scheme that recognises, incentives and rewards achieving and exceeding our own KPIs.