Our Commitment to the Community and Our Environment
Our industry leadership position brings with it a responsibility to provide and maintain a safe environment for our employees, our clients and the community.
We aim to continually innovate our business in ways that benefit the community, including reducing negative environmental impacts.
Kent’s sustainable procurement practice upholds the following:
- Acting socially responsibly and ethically in dealings with customers and suppliers
- Better managing energy and water consumption for the life of our services
- Applying sustainable practices to paper or card use, waste and emissions
- Minimising landfill by repairing, reusing or extending service warranties.
As a proudly Australian-owned and headquartered company, Kent supports a number of local charities, including the Save the Children Foundation, Jeans for Genes, The Australian Cancer Society, and The Salvation Army.
Kent Storage supports a number of green initiatives, making a concerted effort to work in ways that are kinder to the environment. We support Greenfleet, planting one native tree for every completed customer satisfaction survey returned to us.
Kent Storage is committed to supporting causes that make a sustainable difference to the world. We believe that we have a duty of care to champion charitable and community initiatives through financial support and gifts-in-kind.
One of our favourite initiatives is our long-term partnership with Save the Children, where we:
- Donate proceeds from each web-generated storage contract
- Provide secure storage and removals services when required
- Engage our people in fundraising activities or salary sacrificing.
Kent offsets its carbon footprint through a partnership with Greenfleet. Greenfleet is the first non-profit forestry offset organisation to be accredited as an Approved Abatement Provider, under the Australian Federal Government’s Greenhouse Friendly™ initiative. Its role is:
- To reduce carbon from the atmosphere
- Help prevent salinity and soil erosion
- Provide a habitat for native wildlife.
In addition to stringently complying with legal and statutory requirements, through Greenfleet we plant a native tree for every completed Customer Satisfaction Survey we receive. Last year alone we planted over 10,000 trees.
In addition to the funds that are raised when you book our storage services online and complete our surveys, you can:
- Help our most disadvantaged youth in Australia get the best start in life by donating to Save the Children’s early education programs
- Help turn carbon emissions back into biodiverse native forests to help protect our environment from the impact of climate change by getting involved with Greenfleet.