Kent Storage Canberra is a full-service storage company with more than 70 years of experience caring for more than one million Australians. If you're looking for the best storage solution in the Southern Hemisphere at unbeatable prices, you've come to the right place.
Kent Storage Canberra Customer
Your nearest Kent Storage is on your doorstep
No matter where you are in Canberra, Kent are only phone call away to assist with your storage requirements.
Our team are here to help you pack, transport and store your items safely to give you total piece of mind.
Easier and More Affordable Than Self-Storage
Our expert removalists travel to your home, office, or current storage unit in Canberra, and they carefully create detailed inventory and condition reports to keep track of your belongings. Then we carefully wrap and pack your things before loading them directly into the storage container and transporting them safely.
If you forgot to add something to your storage container, give us a call, and we’ll head back to pick up anything you need. Likewise, we’ll happily and conveniently redeliver any of your valuables, in part or whole, back to Canberra or anywhere else in the world. At Kent Storage, we do all this and more for up to 50 percent of the cost of self-storage solutions.
Why Choose Kent for your Canberra Storage Needs?
We do all the work for you so you don’t have to deal with the headaches and stress. Not only that, but we also offer superior security at more affordable rates than any self-storage solution in the Southern Hemisphere. Kent Storage is the obvious solution.
You’re just a phone call away from scheduling your items for pickup. We will send our expert removalists to wrap, pack, and stack your belongings for safe transport to our monitored facilities. Upon request, we’ll redeliver some or all of your things back to your Canberra home or anywhere else in the world.
Kent Storage makes it easy for Australians. Our staff travels anywhere in the continent to inventory and create detailed condition reports of your items. You can keep track of them with dispatch records and receipts, allowing you to manage your belongings better.
- We keep track of what you’ve put away and what condition it’s in
- We can easily and conveniently retrieve individual items from your inventory list, or entire containers, upon request
- We professionally wrap your valuables and take extra care of soft furnishings like chairs, couches, and mattresses
- We supply removals-grade plastic to protect all of your things from mildew, dust, and dirt while away in storage
- You don’t have to trust poor-quality plastic that is too flimsy to protect any of your things because Kent brings industrial-grade supplies
- You don’t have to schedule your own time to wrap up your furniture for transport because Kent does it for you
- You don’t have to load your own storage container because Kent skillfully packs, stacks, and stores your things for you.
- You needn’t lug around heavy boxes or furniture; let Kent do it
- You don’t have to guess the best possible arrangement and protection for your things; let our experts handle it
- You don’t have to make multiple trips between your home and storage unit; Kent handles all of your delivery needs, even if you need us to pick them up from another storage unit
- You don’t have to squeeze everything into your car
- You don’t have to hire a moving truck to transport your things
- You can sit back and relax as Kent Storage delivers your valuables to our state-of-the-art storage facilities for any period
Our storage facilities are:
- Climatised environments safe from moisture, rodents, and the elements
- Protected by close 24/7 CCTV monitoring
- Fully equipped with back-to-base alarm systems and fire control and monitoring systems
- Purpose-built, state-of-the-art structures
Upon request, Kent Storage is happy to return to your Canberra home or office and pick up more items to add to your storage container. Likewise, we’ll redeliver specific items or ship your entire inventory across the globe.
If you prefer to handle your own belongings, you can visit your container in our building with an appointment. We use appointments as an added measure of security; for your protection, the general public cannot walk in at will. Please give us 24 hours’ notice for us to put your container in an accessible but secure location for you.
Kent Storage Canberra: The Safest Choice
We work hard to make sure your belongings are kept safe in our buildings, unlike self-storage:
- We do not allow the public to enter our storage facilities; this is in sharp contrast to leaving your things in self-storage facilities, which are shared buildings that anyone could enter.
- We create detailed documentation for your records at home; we provide inventory and condition reports as well as receipts and dispatch records. With self-storage, it’s up to you to make and maintain these records for your benefit.
- Our facilities have greater security demands than self-storage, bolstered by the fact that they are private buildings with limited authorised entry.
- We only use sealed storage containers, unlike self-storage units that use large-diametre wire meshes in their boxes. These gates provide more of an illusion of security as pests and climate threats can still pass through.
- We only build our purpose-built containers with reinforced steel, storing them inside our buildings secured by 24/7 CCTV monitoring. Reputable self-storage facilities may use CCTV but are still lax in other areas of security.
- Our professional packers have expert training to safely transport and store your belongings anywhere in Canberra or Australia. With self-storage, you don’t have the safety of expert help, which means it’s all up to you to figure out.
Kent’s Unique Four-Level Security System
Over the years, Kent Storage has refined its unique four-level security system to keep your belongings safe. We respect the trust our customers have placed in us, so we offer this sophisticated protection to everyone. As long as you trust us to protect your things, we will prioritise doing precisely that.
Security Level One: Customised Wrapping
The first level of protection comes in the form of our guardian wrapping system, which includes:
- Boxes built with the intention of protecting items in transit
- Professional packers with expert industry training
- The use of professional packing blankets built to protect large fragile items
- Heavy-duty removals-grade plastic for additional protection of soft furnishings, including chairs, mattresses, and couches
- Comprehensive inventory and labelling processes
- Custom crates built to protect fragile artwork
Security Level Two: Purpose Built Containers
Unlike our competitors in the self-storage industry, we use reinforced steel containers instead of plywood boxes at pickup. We load your belongings directly into the containers, and then we bring them to our state-of-the-art storage facilities. We rely on cranes and forklifts to move containers, eliminating the risk and expense of double handling.
Our containers are:
- Accessible at both ends with the aid of customised doors
- Purpose-built with reinforced steel for maximum protection
- Constructed with the intention of keeping valuables safe during transportation and storage
Security Level Three: Superior Storage Facilities
Kent Storage uses the most advanced undercover facilities in the Southern Hemisphere. We ensure superior security to self-storage buildings that are publicly shared and draw attention in Canberra. Our facilities are:
- Private buildings with limited authorised entry
- Monitored 24/7 with CCTV security and fire protection systems
- Purpose-built, state-of-the-art structures
- Free from pests, dust, and natural elements
Security Level Four: Storage Insurance
In our 70 years of servicing over a million Australians, we’ve learned that accidents can happen to anyone due to no fault of anyone else. The truth is that unforeseen things can occur during transit or in storage. Because of this, we offer storage and transit insurance to keep you completely protected in every event.
Our Ultimate Cover insurance gives you full risk protection against damage or the loss of items that occur due to accidents or other causes. Our insurance includes several layers of coverage:
- New For Old: Full replacement cost for lost or destroyed items. If the item is damaged, we will provide a reasonable cost for repairs. Keep in mind that we can only insurance computers, computer accessories, clothing, and motor vehicles for their market value.
- Pairs and Sets: Coverage for the damage or loss of one or more items in a set, including lounge suites
- Atmospheric and Climatic Conditions: Covers the damage or loss of items due to normal climatic conditions, including mildew and mould
- Electrical and Mechanical Derangement: Coverage for the mechanical or electronic derangement of goods due to external causes, except for motorbikes, motor vehicles, boats, and caravans
For more detailed information, please request and review our insurance brochure.
Canberra residents looking for cheap storage solutions with superior safety and security have found their match in Kent Storage. We are the most secure solution in the Southern Hemisphere and charge as little as half the cost of self-storage.
How does Kent Storage charge so little for a more comprehensive service? Unlike other storage businesses that demand higher overhead and per-metre property costs, we don’t make you pay for the privilege of having an entire storage container regardless of its contents.
We use a stackable containerised storage solution to cut costs without compromising safety and efficiency. That means you only have to pay for the volume that your items occupy in our facility. The more space your belongings take up, the more it costs; the inverse is also true. We automatically adjust your rates for you.
With Kent Storage, Canberra residents receive the best rates on the best storage services:
- Heavy-duty removals-grade plastic cover bolster your soft furnishing’s protection, which keeps your chairs, couches, and mattresses safe from dirt, mildew, dust, and moisture while in long-term storage
- Custom-built crates designed to protect extremely fragile and irreplaceable goods
- Valet services, including organisation, styling, cleaning, and unpacking services
- Time-saving, efficient packing services that our staff is trained to provide rapidly
- Moving boxes supplied by Kent Storage
- Transit insurance and storage coverage for additional peace of mind
- Redelivery of any or all of your items to any local, interstate, or overseas location
- Short- and long-term storage options for home or office furniture
- Free pickup, loading, and delivery of your goods to our facilities
With Kent Storage, you’ll get even more value from our service thanks to our free benefits:
- Free reports, including inventory, condition, receipt, and dispatch, help you keep track of your stored belongings. You can even give us an inventory item number for us to pull specific items out for redelivery.
- Free packing blankets keep your largest, most fragile items safe in transit and storage
With Kent Storage, you save even more money by avoiding hidden costs commonly associated with self-storage solutions:
- Renting a moving van
- Hiring movers
- Buying packing blankets and plastic covers
- Organising inventory and keeping copies safe
Are you planning to move to Canberra? You have two options for storing your furniture while moving into your new home or office: self-storage and full-service storage like Kent Storage.
With self-service, you pay a fixed monthly fee to rent out a container, and the relationship ends there. You’re responsible for taking care of transportation, packing, and delivery. You also will have to pay extra to get an insurance policy in the event of an accident during storage. On the other hand, with a full-service company, you make the payment and relax while we take care of the rest.
Deciding between self-storage and full-service means asking yourself a few basic questions.
Which is More Convenient?
As we mentioned, self-service means you have to serve yourself. You’re the removalist, the delivery person, and the one who maintains the inventory and condition records. If you’re not used to any of these roles, it can be somewhat problematic. What if you end up cramming all your belongings in a damaging way or end up leaving something behind? Paying for a second unit is a costly expense that can eat away at your budget.
Kent Storage makes sure you never have to lift a finger. You don’t have to pack, and our expert packing professionals will take care of creating enough space for each of your valuables.
How Much Do They Cost?
Most self-service plans are affordable because you don’t pay for the labor associated with a full-service company; all you pay for is the storage unit and an additional fee for the insurance policy.
Kent Storage uses a stackable system that allows us to help you save money. That’s why we can offer you superior services for as little as 50 percent of the cost of a self-service solution.
Which Service is Safer?
Most self-service units are outside and must withstand Canberra weather. If moisture enters your outdoor unit, chances are good the wetness will ruin your belongings. Some places will let you upgrade to an indoor unit for an additional monthly fee.
Kent Storage never stores your goods outside. We also provide a complete inventory list so you’re always aware of the status of your things.
Kent Storage Canberra for home and office storage is:
- Easier: We use a straightforward process to eliminate the headaches of self-service. You’re just a phone call away from hiring our professional removalists to pick up your things from anywhere in Canberra. We’ll even ship your items out to any overseas location at your request.
- More Secure: Don’t let our low rates fool you; we never compromise on security. We use 24/7 CCTV monitoring as part of our unique four-level security system.
- Cheaper: We never charge you for unused space, unlike some businesses that charge for an entire box.
We do it all for as little as 50 percent of the price of self-service rentals. Kent Storage is the only sensible choice for storage in Canberra.
Canberra, ACT and Other General Moving & Storage Information
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory has a population of 381,488. The Canberra postcode is 2600 and surrounded by suburbs: North Canberra, South Canberra.
The median property house price in Canberra is $542,000. The distance from Canberra to the closest Kent Storage facility in Canberra is approximately 10.9 km.
Canberra is well serviced by public transport and lifestyle amenities. There are several local schools, various shopping precincts and the area enjoys a selection of healthcare providers.
Storage around Canberra, ACT Fast Facts
- Canberra Postcode: 2600
- State: Australian Capital Territory, (ACT)
- Other 2600 Suburbs:
- Deakin West
- Harman Capital Hill
- Surrounding Suburbs:
- North Canberra
- South Canberra
- Median House Price: $542,000
- Distance from Canberra to Kent Removals & Storage Canberra: 10.9 km or 14 minutes by car
- Distance from Canberra to Canberra CBD: 5 km or 7 minutes by car
- Population: 381,488
- Population Density: 428 people per square km
- State Electorates:
- Federal Electorate: Canberra
- Relevant Canberra links: